"Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage." - Anaïs Nin


My Photojournal

13.12.12

lust for life;




a few weeks ago, a friend pointed out that i gave up on life so fast. maybe that was a tad of an exaggeration, but at the same time it got me thinking.

have i lost the lust for life?

if i was in denial, i wouldn't agree. things have rather seemed routined for a period of time, because i stress on how important it is on getting my daily life organized. i've been over thinking the future for a long time without a lot of external circumstances to consider.

today was a good day, and the best part is that it was all purely unplanned; just God being on my side. these kind of days are rare to me.

  1. a friend wished me a good morning,
  2. my mom cooked a good, hearty breakfast,
  3. being right on time for the bus only because of one traffic light,
  4. arriving early for work as i've been coming in late for the past few days,
  5. my simple lunch tasted delicious - not like the one i had 2 days ago,
  6. my boss ended the day with a 'thanks' and a few compliments,
  7. a pet-able cat appeared out of nowhere when i was waiting for the bus home,
  8. bumping into old friends from high school on the train,
  9. welcomed to the lobby with smiles,
  10. knowing that i have a pudding date with the man i love tomorrow.
so it really got me thinking,
what are the odds?

those small talks i had with my boss and my old friends might have led to the answers i've been searching for.
if they can see what i'm good at, why can't i?

No comments: